- Persebaya Surabaya vs Persepar Palangkaraya - 2013-06-19 17:30:23
- Persebaya Surabaya vs Persepar Palangkaraya - 2013-06-19 14:30:23
- FC Bulleen Lions vs St Albans Saints - 2013-05-19 16:00:38
- Albirex Niigata FC vs Balestier Khalsa FC - 2013-06-20 03:30:14
- Al Ahli Sanaa vs Al Helal Al-Sahely - 2013-06-20 04:30:21
- C.A.Bizertin vs Esperance - 2013-06-20 04:00:18
- Maccabi Ironi Bat Yam vs Hapoel Arad - 2013-06-18 21:30:24
- Maccabi Ironi Bat Yam vs Hapoel Arad - 2013-06-19 15:00:23
- Al-Safa vs Racing Beirut - 2013-06-13 21:30:23
- Al-Safa vs Racing Beirut - 2013-06-13 05:30:16
Men's Olympic Football: Mexico's Lightning Champion Tease Five-Star Brazil
Just 28 seconds after the game, Brazil's Rafael mis-kicked the ball, and it was stolen by Mexican team. Mexico started their counter-attack immediately, Peralta took the ball and volleyed from near angle in front of the goal. Brazil goalkeeper failed to save, and Mexico led in 2-0. Brazil began to put on massive pressure on offensive after they were left behind, the frontcourt Neymar and Damiao were active, but they were lack of cooperation when they arrived at the penalty box, and their attack was broken down time and again. Brazil team carried out their early substitution in desperation in 32 minute, Hulk came to play. Hulk and Neymar attempted several times to shoot, but the threat is not big enough for Mexico, Brazil still fell one goal behind after the first half.
The competition attracted more than 86,000 audiences to the scene. Brazil continued their former lineup, the star-studded front line was led by Damiao, Neymar and Oscar, Pato was still on the bench. While Mexico's forward line abandoned the tournament's top scorer Dos Santos, Oribe Peralta and Marco Fabian were choused as the double arrow instead.
It came to the second half, Neymar was active in the front, he broke through to shot again and again with his personal skill. But Mexico's outstanding defensive prevented Brazil to rewrite the score. In 69 minutes, Mexico attacked on the right wing, Peralta shot it into Brazil's goal after the ball was passed to the middle, but it was sentenced to invalid because of offside. Panic Brazil continued to deploy forces, summoning Pato. However, Brazil put too much emphasis on the offensive which led their defense to be tight, Mexico's quick and effective counter-attack became a big threat.
Mexico attacked on the right wing in 74 minutes, Peralta throw off the defensive players and took the ball in the middle. The ball rebounded and rolled into the Brazil's net nest. Mexico won a 2-0 lead.
Brazil finally ushered in the opportunity in 91 minutes, Hulk who was substituted shot a fierce goal on the right wing. Brazil's goalkeeper made a mistake on judgment, the ball jumped into the net finally. The score became 1:2, Brazilian team's morale was greatly improved. Oscar headed the following right-wing cross, but the ball was over the bar. Brazil ultimately failed to tie the game and lost to Mexico 1- 2.
Brazil Men's Football debut in the Olympic arena dates back to 1952, when Brazil only ranked sixth. They appear 12 times in the Olympics totally, each time they aim to be the champion, but they are inflicted heavy losses every time. Brazil almost won the gold medal in 1984 Los Angeles Olympic Games and 1988 Seoul Olympic Games, but they were still crashed out in the final, lost to France and the former Soviet Union respectively; In the following 1996 Atlanta and 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, Brazil only won the bronze. And this time in the London Olympics, Brazil still reached the final, but fate teased them again. Brazil Olympic team's captain Silva expressed his frustration after the game, "Brazil always has a lot of opportunities, but we have never won Olympic gold medals."
Mexico U23 vs Brazil U23 Who you support?
- Selecao Reach the Final of Olympics after 24 Years Waiting
- Brazil and Mexico Eliminate Korea and Japan Respectively, Reaching Men's final
- Can Brazil Win Their First Olympic Football Champion against Skillful South Korean
- Stuart Pearce Was Bombarded by Santos Mourinho Felix for Failure in Quarter-final
- Men's Football Tournament South Korea Closed the Door on British